1. Energy saving and low cost: LED has high luminous efficiency, which is nearly twice as high as fluorescent lamps. If we use our daily energy-saving lamps as an example, energy-saving lamps save 4 / 5 of energy than incandescent lamps, while LEDs save 1 / 4 of energy than energy-saving lamps. In cars, the energy consumption of LED components is only 1 / 20 of that of halogen lamps for the same daytime driving lamps. The cost of LED components has also been greatly reduced year by year, and the cost and price are still declining by more than 20% every year.
2. Super long service life: at present, the LED components used in automobiles can basically reach the level of 50000 hours, while the well-known automobile lighting suppliers have been able to provide LED components with a service life of 100000 hours, which is equivalent to 11 years. Considering the use frequency of lights, basically, the LED components do not need to be replaced in the design life of the whole vehicle. In contrast, xenon lamp life is only about 3000 hours
3. Good durability: LED component structure is simple, impact resistance, seismic resistance is very good, not easy to break, can adapt to a variety of environments.
4. LED components are small, compact and easy to layout and Design: This is a huge advantage of LED, which fully meets the evolutionary needs of automobile manufacturers in design, breaks the shackles of lighting system on modeling innovation in the past, and enables us to have more creative automobile products.
5. Fast response speed: LED lighting only needs microsecond level, which can be used in taillights and turn signals to achieve better warning effect. Compared with xenon lamps and halogen lamps, it has higher response speed and better protection for driving safety
6. Low brightness attenuation: LED brightness is high, light brightness attenuation is far lower than halogen lamp, suitable for lighting and brake lights, turn signals and other warning lights.
7. It can be driven by low-voltage direct current, with small load, weak interference, low requirements for use environment and good adaptability. Unlike xenon lamps, a boost device (high pressure pack) is required.
What are the disadvantages of LED headlights?
1. Heat dissipation problem. LED headlamp will produce great heat when it works, if the heat dissipation is not good, it will greatly shorten the service life. However, automobile manufacturers will match it with a set of excellent cooling system, so don't worry too much, but at the same time, it will increase the cost.
2. It's expensive. Although the life of LED headlamp is long, the overall cost is lower than that of xenon and halogen in terms of long-term driving. But manufacturers are not willing to bear such unjust debts on low-end models.
3. The light source of LED has strong directivity. Although the single volume is small, its optical particularity should be considered in the design.